Moving is already a stressful process, some may even say it is overwhelming. This is why we have put together 5 useful places/suggestions to help you with your move. To begin with, you should know where to start, what to pack and what not to pack etcetera. To say at the very least, you should know How To Pack Your Home To Move In An Organised Manner.
When Was The Last Time You Needed A Moving Box? Whether you have never needed one until now or you are always on the move you needn't worry about where you can find them. Now I know that moving expenses: like moving boxes or storage/garage units can really and truly add up! So we have constructed a list of 5 places/suggestions where you can find some boxes that are actually 100% free!
Where Can I Get Free Boxes To Move?
You can find Free Moving Boxes at the following places by just asking Employee’s or Workers if there are any available. (List Below):
1. Removals Companies – All you have to do is contact a removals company, just pick up the phone and ask if they have any spare boxes. Most Removal Company' have too many free storage boxes that they may not need, you just have to know the right ones. But these boxes are limited so go on grab one! Removal Company’s moving/storage boxes are stronger and more capable of holding larger objects. Which is all the more reason you should get some.
2. Shops and Supermarkets – Places like, Tesco’s or Sainsbury's and many more manage to get deliveries all the time which means there are loads of free boxes. These are great for moving because most of them are bound to be durable due to their ability to carry certain objects and materials i.e. Glass Bottles, Cups and, furniture or even books. However, each store will vary so you should ask when they receive shipments and then ask them to set some aside for you. Make sure you go early in the morning or in the afternoon as SuperMarkets tend to get Super-Busy!
3. Friends, Family, and Neighbours - People you know might have recently moved house or needed some boxes for whatever reason, meaning they would know where to get them. This could be a friend, a neighbor, family member or even someone you’ve just met and moving boxes happened to be a subject to talk about. All you need to do is ask if they know anywhere or anyone, you never know they might already have unused boxes or be able to give you some advice on where to get some or who they know can help.
4. Social Platforms - There's always platforms like, Gumtree, and Shpock, that are totally free of charge if you look in the freebies section, again you have to be quick. Although I'm not entirely sure about eBay I know you can find boxes for £1-£2 or even less. But Guess what? You can also find free moving boxes on Social Media like Instagram and Facebook, you might catch someone putting it up on their story or profile that they don't want their boxes anymore or you might see ads all you need to do is open your eyes and look.
5. Poundland – Heaven of all cheap and economical items, including hundreds of free moving boxes. Given that Poundland is one of the biggest well-known pound shops in the U.K. I’m guessing their boxes get snapped up pretty quickly. So you should be right on time because I bet more people than just you know about these tricks! You can just show up and ask for some free boxes, they always have tons.
Thanks for stopping by, hope this helped. Now go get some free boxes so you can Get A Move On!